Do you want to learn more about Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate?
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate, has new brand image and features.
(Take a took at the logo's before and after).
According to a new msdn blog post, with Visual Studio 2012 RC Microsoft introduces a number of enhancements to deployment functionality, such as the following:
- Storing publish profiles in XML files, making it easier to share and customize profiles.
- Publish profile now specifying the build configuration to be deployed.
- Publish profile now specifying database deployment settings
- Publish profile now storing credentials for publishing separately from other profile information, so you can share profiles without sharing credentials.
- A new Publish Web wizard UI facilitating updated to the publish profile.
- The Publish Web wizard enabling you to import publish settings from a file that you download from a hosting provider.
- The Publish Web wizard enabling you to preview file and database changes before they are made on the destination server.
- Creating Web.config transformation files that are linked to publish profiles, not just to build configurations.
- If you have a database that is managed by Entity Framework Code First, Visual Studio can automatically configure Code First Migrations to automate incremental database deployment.
- New dialog box enabling you to specify precompile and merge options that will be applied during the deployment process.
For more details, please check out VS 2012 RC documentation by clicking here and watch the following video introducing VS 2012 RC.